Martin Luther King Day of Service with The Institute for Nonviolence Chicago
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for Martin Luther King Day of Service 2020! We're joining The Institute for Nonviolence for their program, "My Dream, My Chicago." We'll learn how to use the Kingian principles of nonviolence to reduce gang and gun violence in the community. Enjoy lunch with attendees. The program runs from 10 AM to 2 PM. Bring donations of toiletries, which we will use to create care packages for their clients.
The IOPA member meeting is that evening, and we would like a couple of program attendees to talk about your experience at the event.
Items to donate:
White T-Shirts (Up to 5XL)
The Institute for Nonviolence Client demographics
70% male | 30% female
80% African American | 20% Latinx
10:00AM – 11:00AM
Learn more about Kingian Nonviolence through the six principles and six steps.
• Welcome and introduction to agency
• Speaker 1: Introduction to Kingian principles
• Speaker 2: Three evils of society: racism, militarism, and poverty
11:00AM – 12:00M
• Group breakout to discuss the use of nonviolence in creating the beloved community
• Present feedback and takeaways
12:00M – 1:00PM
1:00PM – 2:00PM
• Create care packages